PHOTO: George Gregan with the Bledisloe Cup in 2002. Picture: Mark Evans.
Former Wallabies skipper George Gregan has off-loaded his long-time north-shore home for just north of $9m.
The five-bed Mosman home in sought-after Pearl Bay with stunning views of Sydney Harbour had been listed in late May with $9.6m.
However the dramatic downturn of the market since the start of 2002, appears to have affected the price Gregan was willing to accept for the breathtaking home designed by award-winning architect Luigi Rosselli
Gregan, Australia’s most capped Wallabies player with 139 Tests, and wife Erica have raised three children at the custom made five-bedroom property.
The home overlooks Pearl Bay in Mosman.
The home was sold for more than $9m.
The home was listed on May 23 by Chad Campbell and Adrian Rae of McGrath Lower North Shore – Mosman and was sold on Monday after 44 days on the market.
The price hasn’t been disclosed but it understood to be more than $9m but less than the $9.6m hoped for.
After buying an existing property on the site for $1.34m back in 1999, the Gregans engaged their favourite architect to create their dream home on the site.
The current house was completed in 2007 the same year Gregan retired from Australian rugby.
“Rosselli is a family man too, so he understands the functionality of a home and how it blends into the landscape,” Gregan said of the home.
“The house has a great flow. It’s a timeless home; that’s why he’s so good.”
The Gregans commissioned their favourite architect to design the home.
Gregan is Australia’s most capped Wallaby. Picture: David Kapernick.
Gorgeous harbour views.
“It has stood the test of time. Whoever gets it will have a great home.”
At the time Gregan and Rosselli were liaising on the design, the former Wallabies skipper was still playing internationally, with stints in both France and Japan, so they ensured the lifestyle and wellbeing features were five star.
“I was a professional sports person so we included a spa, sauna recovery room, pool and gym,” he said.
‘A great home.’
Erica and George Gregan
The four-storey home boasts a prized north shore location.
READ MORE VIA NEWS.COM.AU
- Real estate agent whose wife died on their honeymoon when he crashed their island buggy breaks his silence | WATCH
- Former real estate agent facing bankruptcy charges
- Real agent is accused of killing pro cyclist | WATCH
- WARNING: New Zealand property at top of risk ranking | Bloomberg
- From a $10MILLION mansion and successful weight-loss business to grimy prison cell | WATCH
- Timeshare Saga: Owners still out of pocket
- Real estate agent closes 27 sales worth $12 million-plus in a month
- Bank allows homeowners to borrow up to $80,000 at a 3YR fixed rate of 1%
- Celebrity chef Ganesh Raj ‘s Tasting Shed owes $1M to the IRD | WATCH
- Real estate brand @realty brings 100% commission with no fees to NZ | WATCH